Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Is it the end of March already?

Unbelievably it's been almost two months since the last post. It's been a very busy time, but I did get some time to ride the velo in between. Every ride is an adventure, with people hanging out car windows with their cell phone cameras to get a picture, or even bringing out their fancy SLR cameras as they drive by. Many comments, and lots of interesting conversations.

I have over 500km on the velo now, and I haven't really had any problems, which is a very good sign. I haven't ridden nearly as much as I would have liked, but in the spring I will be riding to work a lot more often. I have added a few little things, a car horn, and some driving lights (35W and 20W) shown below. Originally I had been using a DC-DC converter to supply the 12V for the lights from the 48V main battery, but it was not powerful enough to run the lights and the horn, so I switched back to a separate 12V battery.

I have ridden a few times in pouring rain, and kept quite dry. I originally had a bit of water come in through the footwells, but those have now been covered when it rains hard.


Lights - these are the original 20W driving lights, I have since changed one to a 35W bulb.

Front wheel showing motor and lights.
Inside view
View under the seat showing batteries and chargers on either side, the controller in the far back and the 12V battery between the foam supports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home