Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Range Tests

A few day ago, I finally got around to doing a battery range test on the velo. In addition to my standard battery pack (48V, 18Ah Nimh) I took two spare batteries, partly to add weight simulating a touring setup, and partly so I could bike most of the day without having to stop for a full charge. I added one 48V, 8Ah Nicd pack and one 48V, 8Ah Nimh pack.

I rode from White Rock, to Fort Langley, took the ferry across, to Aggasiz, through Chilliwack, Abbotsford and back to White Rock.

Total distance for the day: 210km
Total riding time: 6 hours
Average Speed: 36km/h

Range on Standard battery pack (48V, 18Ah): 80km at 37.6km/h average speed

I charged over lunch for an hour, and over a coffee stop for 40 mins.
I am guessing that if I was doing a tour with only the main battery, I would need to charge for about 4 hours and slow down a bit to do a similar distance (200km/day).

Total distance since new: 3540km

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The environment as we know of it today is not the purest thing. Especially, with motor car companies being in mass productions for the past oh my sooo many years and so many more years to come. The environment of the world as we know it hasn't really been performing at it's peak recently. And do we know why? Well of course, I mean we should know why, we basically are the ones to blame. Not specifying anyone in particular but I'm pretty sure us humans have contributed to the most part. But, as much damage as we've done, shouldn't we begin to think on how we can either reverse the effect or at the least minimize the pollution??
Sony Notebook Battery

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home